The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, guided by the Word of God, is unabashedly and actively pro-life. Thus we are deeply concerned by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans’ decision, announced Feb. 6, 2014, to adopt a “Financial Neutrality Policy” effective immediately to guide its decisions for outreach funding of charitable organizations.
Official Statements RSS Feed of Official Statements
Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod announce formal discussions
ST. LOUIS, January 27, 2014—Representatives and leaders from the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY) and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) met at the Mekane Yesus Seminary, the EECMY headquarters, and the Gudina Tumsa Wholistic Training Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Jan. 23 – 26, 2014, to discuss the relationship between the two church bodies.
The LCMS Office of the President issues a statement regarding Thrivent funding of pro-choice organizations.
With the recent Thrivent announcement to reconsider their Choice Dollars® Program, the LCMS is encouraged to learn that Thrivent is beginning to recognize the serious concern its members have when their choice dollars are stewarded toward organizations such as Planned Parenthood that directly support the abortion industry and the killing of unborn children.
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) is deeply concerned by the news that Thrivent Financial has recognized Planned Parenthood of Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota as a potential recipient of funding through its Thrivent Choice Dollars grant program.
On November 22, 2013, a Federal District Court in Wisconsin held that the clergy housing allowance is unconstitutional. Specifically, the judge entered an Order and Opinion declaring 26 U.S.C. Section 107(2) unenforceable because it violates the First and Fifth Amendments to the United States Constitution. The judge entered an order enjoining the IRS from enforcing […]
Stories & ArticlesLooking for an article or story?
View stories & articles by topic
- Board, COP set same regions for 2016 convention March 6, 2014
- Congregations ratify ‘circuit visitor’ convention action March 6, 2014
- Harrison shares Lenten message March 6, 2014
- Official Notice: constitutional amendment ballot results March 6, 2014
- LCMS National Housing Support Corp. awarded $150,000 grant for St. Louis City renewal March 6, 2014
- LCMS Church Information Center: Here is a link to a map with the regions listed: h...
- Keith Freie: Is it possible for you to send a listing of congre...
- Chris Browne: I'm interested in the answer to this, also!...
- Dr. Paul Vasconcellos: I just read about you, Michael, in a Concordia, Se...
- Delwyn Xavier Campbell: I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand,...