ST. LOUIS, November 14, 2014—Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison announced today a new initiative to deliver aid to combat the spread of Ebola.
Office of the President RSS Feed of Office of the President
As Ebola continues its deadly sweep across West Africa — the death toll rising to some 3,500 at this writing — the people of the LCMS continue to respond with prayer and support for our relief efforts.
Together with other residents of metropolitan St. Louis, I have been saddened and worried by the events of the past week in Ferguson, Missouri. So, I write today for one simple reason—with one great need. I write to ask for your prayers.
The world is starting to perk up its ears. Reports of Christians fleeing cities in Iraq; pictures of Islamic militants marking the doors of the faithful as a sign that they must leave or be killed; stories of men being killed, women raped, children beheaded: All are now in the news … and all are […]
Join LCMS President Matthew Harrison in praying for persecuted Christians around the world.
Today is not an end to a discussion. It simply emboldens us to do what we do best as Lutherans.
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- Liberian pastor spearheads project to aid Ebola victims December 19, 2014
- Movie review: ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ December 19, 2014
- Students prevail in snowplow-painting dispute December 19, 2014
- CPS dubbed ‘healthiest employer’ for third year December 19, 2014
- LCMS initial reaction to Thrivent’s ‘Financial Neutrality Policy’ February 7, 2014
- Upholding Marriage: God’s Plan and Gift June 26, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America: What the Policy Change Means May 24, 2013
- Thrivent Funding of Pro-Abortion Organizations: LCMS Concerns January 15, 2014