You’re tired of hearing about Hobby Lobby and the Supreme Court. But even though you are tired, even though you’ve grown weary of having the same discussions about the same points, Hobby Lobby and fines and health-care plans still matter. They matter because your country – the United States of America – was founded on the principle that you were born with certain rights: the rights to seek and follow truth, to live according to your beliefs, to worship freely.
Office of the President RSS Feed of Office of the President
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, guided by the Word of God, is unabashedly and actively pro-life. Thus we are deeply concerned by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans’ decision, announced Feb. 6, 2014, to adopt a “Financial Neutrality Policy” effective immediately to guide its decisions for outreach funding of charitable organizations.
Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod announce formal discussions
ST. LOUIS, January 27, 2014—Representatives and leaders from the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY) and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) met at the Mekane Yesus Seminary, the EECMY headquarters, and the Gudina Tumsa Wholistic Training Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Jan. 23 – 26, 2014, to discuss the relationship between the two church bodies.
LCMS President Matthew C. Harrison reflects on this summer’s Synod convention in St. Louis and where the Church is going from here.
Facts and Stats
Logos and Style
Download the LCMS Official Stylebook and Letter and Grammar Guidelines and browse a collection of logos and graphics on our Logos and Style page.
- Speckhard named president, CEO of LWR April 17, 2014
- Holy Week music: Church brings back Bach April 17, 2014
- Exsultet and the Preface for the Great Vigil of Easter April 15, 2014
- LCMS congregation shows mercy after stabbings April 15, 2014
- LCMS initial reaction to Thrivent’s ‘Financial Neutrality Policy’ February 7, 2014
- Upholding Marriage: God’s Plan and Gift June 26, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America: What the Policy Change Means May 24, 2013
- Thrivent Funding of Pro-Abortion Organizations: LCMS Concerns January 15, 2014