The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, guided by the Word of God, is unabashedly and actively pro-life. Thus we are deeply concerned by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans’ decision, announced Feb. 6, 2014, to adopt a “Financial Neutrality Policy” effective immediately to guide its decisions for outreach funding of charitable organizations.
Office of the President RSS Feed of Office of the President
Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod announce formal discussions
ST. LOUIS, January 27, 2014—Representatives and leaders from the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus (EECMY) and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) met at the Mekane Yesus Seminary, the EECMY headquarters, and the Gudina Tumsa Wholistic Training Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Jan. 23 – 26, 2014, to discuss the relationship between the two church bodies.
LCMS President Matthew C. Harrison reflects on this summer’s Synod convention in St. Louis and where the Church is going from here.
Stories & ArticlesLooking for an article or story?
View stories & articles by topic
- Eight schools gain NLSA ‘exemplary’ status March 7, 2014
- ALMA draw: ‘making connections,’ ‘sharing ideas’ March 7, 2014
- Board, COP set same regions for 2016 convention March 6, 2014
- Congregations ratify ‘circuit visitor’ convention action March 6, 2014
- Harrison shares Lenten message March 6, 2014
- Grace Gotoski: thank you for the interesting information -- sound...
- Reuben Mete: This is a great opportunity to expose our youth to...
- LCMS Church Information Center: Here is a link to a map with the regions listed: h...
- Keith Freie: Is it possible for you to send a listing of congre...
- Chris Browne: I'm interested in the answer to this, also!...