After the May 20, 2013, monstrous tornadoes, which devastated parts the Midwest and Moore, Okla., killing at least 24 people — many of them children — LCMS Disaster Response staff are requesting prayers and gifts to help with the Synod’s ongoing relief effort. See how the LCMS is responding by bearing witness to Christ and showing mercy to others.
As recovery efforts continue on the East Coast following the ravages of Superstorm Sandy last fall, the LCMS issues a new $70,000 grant to help 13 families in New Jersey.
ST. LOUIS, May 23, 2013 — The Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison, president of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS), joined 49 leaders of religious organizations in the United States in signing a statement that was sent yesterday to Boy Scouts of America imploring the organization to retain its current membership policy.
Free resources from the LCMS include a video, a Bible study, worship helps and opportunities to support the work of LCMS Disaster Response.
Companies that do business in Missouri are eligible to receive tax credits if they make a donation to Lutheran Housing Support’s Nazareth Homes project by June 30.
The Midwestern tornadoes, one of which devastated Moore, Okla., call for a strong response of love by the church. Our congregation — St. John’s in Moore — as well as surrounding congregations and the LCMS Oklahoma District are in need of our collective support now and well into the future.
- Disaster response photos from Oklahoma May 23, 2013
- Synod provides $70,000 more for ongoing Sandy relief May 23, 2013
- Missouri Synod President signs joint statement on proposed changes to Boy Scout membership policy May 23, 2013
- LCMS, CPH providing free resources following tornadoes May 22, 2013
- June 30 is deadline for housing-donation tax credits May 22, 2013