The Rev. Dr. John Nunes, president and chief executive officer of Lutheran World Relief, Baltimore, will begin a full-time position this fall at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Ind.
The May 16 statement from LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison voices concerns over the Boy Scouts of America’s proposed policy change on whether or not to allow homosexual Scouts as members.
Western culture is at a crucial moment in history. After 103 years of existence, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) may vote to change drastically its membership policy. For those who may be unaware, the BSA, in recent months, has discussed allowing both gay Scouts and Scout leaders into its organization.
A free, two-part Bible study and video on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther’s “A Simple Way to Pray” are now available for free download.
ST. LOUIS, May 16, 2013—As recovery efforts continue on the East Coast following the ravages of Superstorm Sandy last fall, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is issuing a new $70,000 grant to help 32 local families repair or renovate their storm-damaged homes.
ST. LOUIS, May 14, 2013—A landmark ecumenical summit on “Biblical Teaching on Marriage and Sexuality” featuring church leaders from the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA), Lutheran Church-Canada (LCC), North American Lutheran Church (NALC) and The Lutheran Church―Missouri Synod (LCMS).took place May 3-5, 2013, at Church of the Holy Communion, Dallas.
- LWR president resigns, announces position at Valparaiso May 17, 2013
- Harrison releases statement on Boy Scouts’ proposed policy change May 16, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America: Why the Proposed Policy Change Matters May 16, 2013
- Bible study, video complement Luther’s prayer guide May 16, 2013
- Missouri Synod issues new $70,000 grant for ongoing Superstorm Sandy relief May 16, 2013