Free resources from the LCMS include a video, a Bible study, worship helps and opportunities to support the work of LCMS Disaster Response.
Companies that do business in Missouri are eligible to receive tax credits if they make a donation to Lutheran Housing Support’s Nazareth Homes project by June 30.
The Midwestern tornadoes, one of which devastated Moore, Okla., call for a strong response of love by the church. Our congregation — St. John’s in Moore — as well as surrounding congregations and the LCMS Oklahoma District are in need of our collective support now and well into the future.
Here are a number of brief resources you may find useful in addressing the sorts of questions that arise among God’s people when faced with disasters in this fallen world. They all seek to refresh the weary with the wonderful promises of God’s Word related to suffering, the end of this age, and the joys of the age that will dawn at our Lord’s return.
LCMS Vicar Aaron Uphoff shares Christ’s love with hurting people in hard-hit Moore, Okla., hours after the deadly tornado upends homes and lives.
In the wake of a monstrous tornado that devastated parts of Moore, Okla., LCMS Disaster Response staff are requesting prayers and gifts to help with the Synod’s ongoing relief effort.
- LCMS, CPH providing free resources following tornadoes May 22, 2013
- June 30 is deadline for housing-donation tax credits May 22, 2013
- Caring for Body and Soul in the Name of Jesus May 22, 2013
- When Disaster Strikes: Worship Resources with Litany May 22, 2013
- Synod vicar bears witness in hard-hit Moore, Okla. May 21, 2013