Dr. James Koerschen, former president of Concordia University, Ann Arbor, Mich., dies July 17 at age 67.
We’ve borrowed generously from any and every church whose hymn writers have set orthodox texts of poetic merit to genuinely churchly tunes. But there is a music all our own, a set of hymns that grew out of the heart of Lutheranism itself.
The Lutheran Witness — Providing Missouri Synod laypeople with stories and information that
complement congregational life, foster personal growth in faith, and help interpret the
contemporary world from a Lutheran Christian perspective.
Lutheran leaders from five continents will gather in 2015 in Wittenberg, Germany, to focus on celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation in 2017.
Eric Teetsel heads a movement with 545,000 supporters that promotes religious liberty, marriage and life issues.
Though not God-motivated, the film stresses the need to care for one’s “neighbor.”
If the high court declines to intervene, same-sex marriages performed in Utah during the brief window when such unions were legal will be eligible for spousal benefits on July 21.
- Dr. James Koerschen funeral set for July 24 July 18, 2014
- A Music All Our Own July 18, 2014
- CTCR to host second international theological conference July 17, 2014
- Manhattan Declaration leader encourages LCMS Lutherans July 17, 2014
- Movie review: ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ July 17, 2014