Here are a number of brief resources you may find useful in addressing the sorts of questions that arise among God’s people when faced with disasters in this fallen world. They all seek to refresh the weary with the wonderful promises of God’s Word related to suffering, the end of this age, and the joys of the age that will dawn at our Lord’s return.
LCMS Vicar Aaron Uphoff shares Christ’s love with hurting people in hard-hit Moore, Okla., hours after the deadly tornado upends homes and lives.
In the wake of a monstrous tornado that devastated parts of Moore, Okla., LCMS Disaster Response staff are requesting prayers and gifts to help with the Synod’s ongoing relief effort.
During a March 2013 LCMS Mercy Medical Team trip to Madagascar, team members treated 1,321 patients and filled 4,000 prescriptions.
No LCMS congregations were damaged by four tornadoes that ripped through Oklahoma Sunday, May 19.
The Rev. Dr. John Nunes, president and chief executive officer of Lutheran World Relief, Baltimore, will begin a full-time position this fall at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Ind.
- When Disaster Strikes: Worship Resources with Litany May 22, 2013
- Synod vicar bears witness in hard-hit Moore, Okla. May 21, 2013
- LCMS prepares response to Oklahoma tornado; prayers, gifts requested May 21, 2013
- Mercy Medical Team Trip to Madagascar May 20, 2013
- No LCMS congregations damaged by Oklahoma tornadoes May 20, 2013