Here’s an update from LCMS Missionary Sean Harlow and the Lutheran Church in the Philippines Disaster Response Team about the distribution of Relief Kit Food Packs to nearly 5000 residents on the island of Leyte in the towns of Mahayag and Tacloban. These kits were made possible through LCMS Disaster grants totaling over $250,000 and the efforts of many LCP church leaders and members who volunteered to purchase, package, transport and deliver these provisions.
Philippines Disaster Update: Your Gifts at Work
Ministry News — News updates, articles and resources from LCMS ministries.
- Speckhard named president, CEO of LWR April 17, 2014
- Holy Week music: Church brings back Bach April 17, 2014
- Exsultet and the Preface for the Great Vigil of Easter April 15, 2014
- LCMS congregation shows mercy after stabbings April 15, 2014
- LCMS initial reaction to Thrivent’s ‘Financial Neutrality Policy’ February 7, 2014
- Upholding Marriage: God’s Plan and Gift June 26, 2013
- Boy Scouts of America: What the Policy Change Means May 24, 2013
- Thrivent Funding of Pro-Abortion Organizations: LCMS Concerns January 15, 2014
Africa Asia Pacific Audio Concordia Seminary concordia university system Disaster Response Eurasia Family Counselor Free to Be Faithful homosexuality International International Mission Latin America LCMS Convention Lifeline Life Ministry LMI Lutheran Malaria Initiative March For Life marriage Matthew Harrison Ministry to the Armed Forces Missionaries national mission North America Philippines Photos President Pressure Points Publications religious freedom Resource Rural and Small Town Mission same-sex marriage School Ministry Searching Scripture Seminary Shedding Some Light Special Issue: Additional Features Tornado To the Reader Unwrapping the Gifts Video Worship Youth Ministry